This video shows the lamination coat on a paddle board. The start of the video is speed up 2X as an introduction only.
When laminating a SUP it helps to section the board and start from the middle and work towards the nose & tail. This strategy helps get the epoxy out of the mixing cup quickly. You could fully laminate the half of one side before the other but “slow” hardener seems to allow a fair amount of time even if when you heat the epoxy.
- Heating part “B” of your epoxy reduces the viscosity making it easier to get a nice coat.
- Thoroughly mix epoxy 1-2 minutes.
- Get the epoxy out of the mixing cup quickly. Epoxy cures with an exothermic reaction, meaning it creates it’s own heat.
- The faster you get the epoxy on the board the more “open time” you have to work.
- If you section the board like shown here, you should do long strokes to tension the glass evenly once the epoxy is on the board.